1. Jot down a set of steps necessary to accomplish the task you’re working on. Keep it next to you for easy reference.
2. Break large tasks into easier-to get-done, smaller segments.
3. Cross the steps off your task list as they are completed. Actually viewing your progress is a good motivator.
4. Take breaks every 30 minutes or so. look away from the computer screen for a minute or two, stand up and walk around your desk, stretch. Just a couple minutes should help clear your mind and help keep you on track.
5. Turn off Skype! Chatting with friends doesn’t really help with the staying focused! 🙂